Rise of Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of Legends

Superhero's will unite.....or side against them as Supervillain's...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Batman

Batman

How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA] Empty
PostSubject: How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA]   How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA] Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:21 pm

I sat hunched over the keys watching my fellow subordinates doing their meaningful, yet almost mundane tasks. I heard the door open almost dreading who might have come to disturb my duty. I stayed still and waited for whoever had decided to interrupt before I’d bark at them to leave. Only Orion was supposed to be here, did no one follow regulations anymore? I released some held onto breath, knowing Wally had most likely broken into my watch-room to bug him about something completely commonplace in meaning like always. I typed away, keeping my hands busy. I almost wished I could have the ability to make people disappear, not permanently but when they became bothersome.

“So, looks like Superman and GL are in space. Wonder Woman is doing disasters…” The man spoke; I internally groaned wishing the man away.

“Why are you here?” I said in my calm, collected voice. It was rougher than the voice I’d use while being out of costume, but that was obviously for protective reasons. I never once looked at the man but I could hear his steps behind me, he was pacing which was never good. He wanted something.

“Oh… well… ‘cause it’s Flash Appreciation Day. Yeah, it’ll be great! I understand if everyone is too busy to come, but no biggie.” I shut my eyes for a moment having my theory been proven correct, he was desperate, “My mom is going to be there!” he said quickly. I kept typing moving my head to another screen, watching him from my peripherals. The man was trying so hard to make sure he could guilt me into going.

“Let’s see… my uncle is flying in… it would be great if one of the original seven could make it… I mean OKAY it’s a Flash museum but to me the whole League deserves the honor. All of us, like I said, no biggie.” My head moved screens trying to keep the man’s flashy personality from leaving my sight too long. I almost made an amused sound; he wasn’t just called Flash because of his speed. His arms moved just as fast as his mouth did as he tried to convince me of his plight. I ignored him, for the moment finding his impatience getting the best of him. Wally sighed, throwing his torso down in a defeated way before rolling it up once more. I found myself convinced.

“What time?” I asked, keeping my closed, guarded persona intact. Wally would become excited and I didn’t need nor want that; I just wanted the man to go away. I watched him perk up immediately with a vivacious response, “Six O’clock!” I saw Orion to shake his head, most likely displeased with caving in to Wally’s demand. I moved my hand to hold my chin, studying something that had appeared on my computer.

“No… you’re really coming!?” Wally asked, excitedly, “AWESOME!” He shouted, placing his hand on my shoulder. I stiffened listening to him talk, feeling his hand was not something I had intended.

“You’re a stand up guy, Bats. Do not ever let them call you a crazed loner.” Wally said, leaning into my face. I turned my head towards his, keeping myself from lashing out and ripping the man’s arm off. I didn’t want his hand on me. I didn’t like it. Wally’s flashing smile was enough to make me forget for the moment. His face was a bit too close for comfort but I would deal. I stared at the man’s face, feeling his muscles contract uncomfortably. He was slowly cracking under my gaze. He back up a bit raising his hands in surrender.

“Well I gotta lot to do,” he said quickly wanting to leave my gaze as quickly as possible, “I’m getting the key to the city today, I need to practice my museum speech.” I could almost feel the pride that oozed off the man. I turned my head back to the computers, trying not to look back at the man.

“Hey, I better polish my boots!” He exclaimed, causing me to almost roll my eyes. But I had better control than that. I heard the elevator doors open and close as he left. I relaxed a bit only to stiffen up when I heard Orion’s steps clacking on the floor as he approached me. I knew he was only coming to ask was I really going.

“I can’t believe you let that buffoon manipulate you. You’d never see me at one of these museum openings.” I could see the man shaking his head in disdain. I looked up at the man, staring at him. I wasn’t going to go alone; it would look weird to the public image. I continued to stare until I saw the man tense to the point he had no other choice but to ask me a question.

“It’s not black tie, is it?” I almost smirked, I had won once more.

Last edited by Batman on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:05 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Super Woman

Super Woman

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA]   How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 3:26 am

8DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
DDDDDDDDDDDD I'm a happy panda now ^^ Did you watch the rest of the episode?
Back to top Go down
Batman

Batman

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA]   How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:05 am

No yet, but I'm planning on it later. xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA]   How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Save a Life [WIP FOR NIINA]
Page 1 of 1